Make-a-Wish, Connecticut Headquarters
56 Commerce Drive
Bavier Design was contracted to renovate the exterior and interior of the 3 floor, 15,000 SF building. We are very excited to be working on this HIGHLY creative project that will inspire sick children to get better.
The Architectural and Interior Design scope included:
A. Exterior Renovations
- Alucobond aluminum panels over existing brick building
- Brightly colored fins on the underside of the building overhangs to make the building appeal to children
- 2 story glass façade with balcony
- Garage doors that open to exterior patios
- Landscaping including
- Animal topiaries
- Bronze animal sculptures
- Exterior lighting
- Deck and lower level patio
- Fire pit
- Illuminated bridge over ponds
- Terraced walking paths
B. Interior Renovations
- Multi–use area.
- WWE stage,
- Reading nooks
- Play areas
- Video game areas
- Garage doors that open to the patio and pond.
- Reception with Atrium.
- Digital waterfalls and pond with swimming fish
- JetBlue check-in area
- Wish Finding Area
- Digital Wish Reveal area with Digital Programs
- Wishing Well that activates butterflies and talkswhen a wish is requested.
- Low Sensory area.
- Tactile areas for Blind people
- Tress with Acoustical leaves
- Welcome Lounge with Grab and Go Food
- Executive offices with demountable glass wallfronts
- Staff, Volunteer and Intern stations.
- Wellness Room
- Marketing Room
- Telephone rooms